A concrete driveway is a basic, economical option for commercial as well as residential properties. It’s a hardwearing material that can be treated to have an anti-slip surface. It also reduces the possibility of erosion during heavy rainfall. This material has been used to construct driveways for a number of years now.
When installed by expert concrete contractors the feature can last for a number of years with minimal maintenance. We at Capel Masonry & Concrete have been serving the Greater Charlotte area for a number of years. We have handled projects for clients in Davidson, Charlotte, and Mooresville. A significant number of clients trust only us for all their concrete driveway installation requirements.
Types of Concrete Driveway Finishes
We have successfully completed these driveway installations on properties in Huntsville, and Cornelius, and has catered to clients needing hardscaping services in Concord and Kannapolis as well. Concrete is no longer the dull and boring material it was believed to be.
New technology and techniques have made it possible to have concrete in various colors, textures, and finishes. For instance, you can opt for:
- Stenciled concrete
- Stamped concrete
- Pave cut concrete
- Acid-stained concrete
These techniques can be used to create unique surfaces that complement the look and appeal of your landscape. Our team of expert concrete driveway installers can handle projects of any scale and complexity for commercial as well as residential clients.
Aspects We Focus On During Concrete Driveway Installation Projects
We recognize that in addition to all the advantages of using concrete in driveway installations, there are certain downsides as well. It’s why we focus on aspects such as:
- Safety - Plain concrete surfaces can be roughened while being installed, to make them non-slip. We do this by using advanced techniques such as tinning. This is particularly important if your driveway is located on a slope. The textured surface provides some traction, making it safer to use the driveway.
- Chemical-Resistant And Waterproof Coatings - While concrete is a very resilient material, it can become impacted by climatic changes and is prone to flaking and cracking. We mitigate these problems by applying specialized chemical-resistant and waterproofing coatings once the surface has set well.
- Expansion Joints - Concrete can easily crack over time because it gets affected by the freeze-thaw cycle. This is why we incorporate expansion joints while installing concrete driveways. The expansion joints allow the concrete to expand and contract below the ground and help prevent ugly cracks. This is far better than fixing cracks after they have appeared on the surface of the concrete.
Some other aspects we focus on while installing concrete driveways include:
- Use of top-grade materials
- Double color coating to help prevent fading
- Additional sealer coats to prevent the concrete from becoming porous
- Stain, mold mildew-resistant surface products are used
- The feature will be installed to industry standards
If you are looking for a company for any hardscaping requirements, Capel Masonry & Concrete is the company to call. Our team ensures uncompromising quality and excellent customer service. You can speak with our experts at this number- 704-690-5797 and discuss your project with them. You also have the option to send us your requests and inquiries about concrete driveway cost via this online form .